What is Juvederm?
- Juvederm Voluma XC adds volume beneath your skin’s surface to increase the size of your cheeks.
- Juvederm XC and Juvederm Vollure XC address the loss of skin elasticity and fill out wrinkles and lines around the mouth and nose — known as smile lines.
- Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Volbella XC work as nonsurgical lip enhancement treatments.
How does Juvederm work?
During the procedure, your doctor, physician assistant, or nurse typically uses a pen to mark the areas to be treated. Your doctor will then inject Juvederm into the target area. They will also lightly massage the area to ensure even distribution and reduce the chance of swelling. The entire procedure usually takes between 15 and 60 minutes, depending on the area treated.
Juvederm injections contain a small amount of pain-reducing lidocaine. This will help minimize any pain or discomfort you feel during treatment and make it go away quickly.
What are the risks and side effects associated with Juvederm?
- Lumps or bumps
- Minor pain
All of these side effects usually subside within two to four weeks.
More serious side effects are typically associated with unprofessional handlings, like injecting Juvederm into a blood vessel unintentionally. Complications can include permanent scarring, vision abnormalities, blindness, or stroke. That’s why it’s very important to choose your doctor wisely. Make sure that they are trained, certified, and licensed to perform the procedure.
How to prepare for Juvederm?
Simple instructions to follow before your consultation and treatment generally involve avoiding medication like aspirin, ibuprofen, and St. John’s wort. And you’ll want to avoid alcohol in the weeks leading up to treatment. Smoking is also discouraged before treatment. Avoiding these things can help prevent bruising. Also, let your doctor know of any allergies or sensitivities.
Target areas for Juvederm
- Cheeks: Juvederm Voluma XC
- Around the nose and mouth: Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and Juvederm Vollure XC
- Lips: Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Volbella XC
What to expect after Juvederm?
Most notice the effects of Juvederm right away, or after the swelling reduces. Results typically last between six months and two years. This depends on which Juvederm product was used.
Subscribe to Get the Latest News
By Subscribing you will get attractive promos from us and other health news